Introducing the Money and Pensions Service
The Money and Pensions Service (MaPS) brings together three respected financial guidance bodies: the Money Advice Service, The Pensions Advisory Service and Pension Wise. MaPS is an arm’s-length body sponsored by the Department for Work and Pensions, established at the beginning of 2019, and also engages with HM Treasury on policy matters relating to financial capability and debt advice.
The Single Financial Guidance Body comes together
Launch of Money and Pensions Service brand
April to Sept 2019
Listening phase. Developing a new integrated service
UK Strategy for Financial Wellbeing published
Delivery plans published
Our mission is to ensure everyone in the UK can easily access the information they need to make the right financial decisions for them throughout their lives, making the most of their money and pensions.
MaPS is the largest single funder of free debt advice in England and also works alongside partners across the UK to make debt advice easier and quicker to access, and to improve standards and quality across the sector. We lead innovation by managing an extensive research and evaluation programme to help underpin decision-making related to financial wellbeing for consumers.
UK Strategy for Financial Wellbeing
The UK Strategy is the ten-year framework which will help achieve the vision of everyone making the most of their money and pensions
Find out more about our work
- The Savings and Credit Pathfinders Programme – evaluation report
- Consultation response | Evidence submitted by the Money and Pensions Service to the APPG on financial education’s inquiry
- MoneyHelper – a new single destination for financial wellbeing
- The Money and Pensions Service launches Beta MoneyHelper site
- The Money and Pensions Service announces its ‘MaPS Standards’